الخميس، 2 نوفمبر 2017

My Embarrassing Elivator Speech


By Sandra Fisher 


One of the most difficult questions that I've ever been asked about graphology is the deceptively simple question: What is graphology?
I remember when I first started studying graphology I was in the library elevator with a pile of graphology books under my arm when a fellow traveller glanced at me with interest and commented, “Ah a graphologist! So what is graphology about?”
For a moment I was tongue-tied. And as everyone watched me fumble mentally I came out with a really lame reply; “It’s about handwriting.”
My fellow travellers smiled and nodded politely but I had lost an opportunity. And I felt a fool.
Strange how embarrassing moments like this have a way of sticking with you.
I replayed the moment many times in my mind trying to imagine how just before the elevator stopped on the next floor I would think up a really clever answer.
“I use graphology to assess personality,” I would say. Or “I describe personality through handwriting.”
But as answers go they are really rather pathetic. Because you can do so much more with graphology.
You can give writers with low self-esteem new confidence. You can even give inspiration and motivation to others who have lost direction and only need a bit of affirmation derived from real evidence in their handwriting.
My vague answers don't explain anything about the challenge and excitement of deciphering and putting together a personality profile from a mere page of handwriting.
And they don't even give a hint at the gratitude of a writer who receives a personality profile that gives him or her some life-changing insights.
Since that embarrassing elevator ride I have written many articles and books describing the various intricacies and nuances of graphology and I have answered many questions about graphology.
But no other question has caused me to arrive at such a head-scratching impasse.
A while ago I did write a blog post that describes 10 things that you can learn from your handwriting. But then again it’s much too long for an elevator speech.
So here I am still struggling to find a really good elevator speech. I simply cannot package graphology into one all-encompassing sentence.
Which is why I’m hoping that you can help.
Because like me, I think there are many who would like to have a quick and descriptive answer to this deceptively simple question.
So do send me your best description of graphology. If I get some good suggestions I’ll feature them in my next newsletter so that we can choose the best one - or even combine one or two to provide a really good "Graphology Elevator Speech."
And if you would like a PDF version of my article on 10 Things you can learn from your handwriting simply reply to this article with your request and I’ll send it to you with my compliments.
Sandra Fisher
Graphology World
For more information click the original link below 

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

مفردات انجليزية عربية

  https://youtu.be/IpxRa1fVfgs